Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.  
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, stay Up to Date With Pimax VR Products, Orders, Experiences, Pitool, VR Ready PCs, Medium, Developers, Content and More…

Trip Rodriguez
On 3/12/20, 5:57 PM

What you say is more or less true if you are making the statement about older Pimax headsets such as the 5K+ and original 8K, and you are addressing it to other users like yourself who do admittedly make up the majority of the VR userbase.  

First I'll get this out of the way:  The Vision 8K series are a huge step forward in terms of build quality, display quality, and comfort.  Many of the other things still apply to the new HMD's, but all indicators are  that these do not.  

That said, these Pimax HMD's are really only suitable for people who meet the following qualifications:

• Very High end enthusiasts level gaming PC with top level current hardware.  VERY high end. 

• Willingness to sacrifice usability and reliability to gain a much larger FOV

• Willing to fight with software and do research on the internet to overcome challenges

To most people this either sounds horrible, or they are too quick to accept it out of excitement and later regret it.  To those of us who like to push the limits to be on the bleeding edge of technology we appreciate that things like this are available.  

Pimax has been making great strides in moving toward a product that is better made and more usable to a wider range of people, but even if we assume success there they still seem to be targeting the very high end enthusiast market.  

When anyone is asking what HMD I recommend, I tell them to stay away from Pimax unless they have very high end hardware and don't mind having to spend hours tinkering to get things working right.  

Your Reply

JW Johnson
On 3/12/20, 6:42 PM

Never said once i had the Pimax 8k

The i-7 8086k with 64gigs RAM, a 2080ti and 3 M.2 SSDs aare not exactly lowend.

Ive been running a VR setup now for at least 3 years solely for DCS.

And by the lense 'degredation thing' im talking about is the LCD screens getting more blurry after the very limited time ive had with the Pimax 5K+, its the best way I knew to put it.

FOV is not really that much better over the Rift when you have to run that PiTool option [cant remember what its called] that distorts the peripheral vision so much so that even am KC-135 is a blur at less than 1NM.

The Pimax 5K+ is a massive drop in framerate, stability and tracking [head movement] for the small gains in field of view and the short term resolution.

Your Reply

Trip Rodriguez
On 3/12/20, 6:08 PM

And one more thing, what the heck are you talking about with this lens degradation thing?  You think that the lenses are physically breaking down from 20 hours of looking through them at a screen?  That is ridiculous.  

The idea of the lenses or screens physically deteriorating in anything remotely approaching that kind of time frame without significantly excessive exposure to direct sunlight or similar is preposterous.  

Your Reply

Trip Rodriguez
On 3/12/20, 5:45 PM

This post is very unfair, if not entirely untrue.  I will elaborate.

Your Reply

Add a Comment

Keep Informed

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Stay Up to Date With PiMAX VR Products, Orders, Experiences, Pitool, VR Ready PCs, Medium, Developers, Content and More…
Read Guidelines

Question tools

15 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/12/20, 3:54 PM
Seen: 744 times
Last updated: 3/12/20, 6:08 PM